Thursday, October 03, 2013

Crisis of Confidence

A lion doesn’t lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.    Unknown


I've been sitting here for about an hour not knowing how to start this, what subject to talk about, worrying that my readers, if I have any, will be bored rigid.  But I'm fed up, suffering from a stinky 'flu-like cold and can't sleep so I'm going to ramble.  Nothing unusual there, then.

I last dipped my toe into the vast ocean of Bloggerland in January 2012 (3 fairly boring posts) and before that my final offering was 2009.  So, as you may have gathered, my outpourings haven't been too prolific.  But, due to a chance remark by the lovely Jo, I've been remembering how I used to enjoy sounding off about various subjects and benefitting from the friendship of people met via this blog.  So, if I bore you, well, tough - come back again another day when I possibly may be more interesting!

Worrying about what other people think has always been a bit of a problem for me in some respects but in the last year or so it hasn't really bothered me at all although, of course, I wouldn't like to come across as being offensive or ill-mannered.  But as to my opinions, the way I look/dress and generally behave that is very much down to me to manage as I think fit.

Influenced by a recent TV documentary about 6 women with an average age of 80, who are determined to look fabulous, have fun and redefine old age, my 'style' is going to remain up-to-date and, maybe, now and again, a bit 'different' and my hair is still going to change colour at regular intervals.  I'm very happy to accept all the compliments that come my way (and they do!) and I'll totally ignore any smirks, rude remarks, nudges & winks.

Watch this space!

No comments: