Thursday, January 08, 2015

What other people think

It's so egotistical to believe that we know more about someone else's reality than they do, and such a waste of time.” - Shreve Stockton

 I just can't string the right words together for this post without tying my brain in knots and coming up with something that just doesn't make sense. All I can say is that unless people have some magic way of completely infiltrating your psyche and are experiencing your situation, then they have no right to judge or criticise the way you act within that situation. Coping with grief over an extended period of time brings with it so many negative emotions and having even just one or two disapproving looks over something you say can add to the huge burden of guilt that is just one of them. As of this week I can honestly say that, as long as I'm satisfied that what I'm doing is right for me, I am no longer bothered by what people think. A lesson painfully learned.

That is all. 

No comments: