Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I Have a Little List


Seven Reasons I'm not a true blogger
It takes me forever to think up a clever & witty title
I don't know how to insert links using key words & phrases
I don't know how to edit text when making a comment
I haven't yet worked out how to insert a picture in my profile
I don't know what a tag is
I don't know how to put slinking on to my page
I don't understand how to do almost anything related to blogging

Seven Books I've recently read
The Innocent by Harlan Coben (current)
Habeas Corpus by Alan Bennett
Sight Unseen by Robert Goddard
Dark Horse by Tami Hoag
I Didn't Get Where I Am Today by David Nobbs
The Closers by Michael Connelly
The Crow Road by Iain Banks

Seven Artists I listen to on my ipod
Lemony Snicket
Aretha Franklin
Nigel Kennedy
Barry Manilow (sorry!)
Katie Melua
Chris Rea
Eddie Izzard

Seven Things to do before I die
Visit Costa Rica
Get my garden into proper shape
Get Pete's garden into proper shape
Learn to play Mah Jong
Say I love you more often
Get over Christmas
Travel first class on an aeroplane

Seven Things I cannot do
Confrontation
Climb higher than 3 feet
Perform on stage
Watch Big Brother or Celebrity
Most things involving boats or ships going long distances on water
Be cross with Thomas for any length of time
Totally believe in anything that a politician says

Seven Things that attract me to my spouse/partner
His tolerance
His fortitude in the face of the fact that I now dislike housework/cooking (not that he does it for me!)
His sense of humour
His willingness to help me out in any of my interests/projects without complaint
His patience
His acceptance of me and my many faults over the last 40+ years
Just him being himself

Seven Things I say most often
Bugger
Bollocks
Fuck (but I only say this in my head as I'm an old lady & don't approve!)
Thomas! (please note that I don't say any of the above out loud when Thomas is around)
Please
Thank you
Please yourself!

Seven Movies I could watch over & over
Chicago
The Shawshank Redemption
Airplane!
Strictly Ballroom
The Magnificent Seven
Grease
The Wrong Trousers (does this count?)















2 comments:

meljoy said...

oooh, no need to be a true blogger, long as you can get yer point acoss, its all gravy :-)

Chris said...

Wow - someone who isn't one of my children has left me some comments!! I didn't know that I would feel so good at having someone who doesn't know me and who lives thousands of miles away taking the time and trouble to read and comment on my ramblings. Thanks Mel!!