Sunday, October 21, 2007

Reporting in......

Lord Flasheart: Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out I'm missing, five hundred girls will kill themselves. And I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my FACE! Hello? Cancel the state funeral, tell the king to stop blubbing, Flash is not dead! I simply ran out of juice! And before five hundred girls all go 'oh, what's the point in living any more?' I'm talking about petrol! Woof! Send someone along to pick me up. General Melchett's driver will do, she hangs round with a big nob so she'll be used to a fellow like me. Woof! - Blackadder Goes Forth (1989)

Quick update - just so you know that I'm not dead, kidnapped or missing!

Drama has, at present, taken over my life. Not the serious sort where you've lost your job, crashed the car, mislaid the children, burnt the dinner, etc. But the 'fun' variety where you attend rehearsals to provide the tea and coffee (the 'luvvies' have now learnt to make it themselves, bless 'em!), travel miles and miles around the neighbourhood delivering flyers, putting up posters and begging the ubiquitous coffee shops to have a bundle of postcards displayed (I always feel obliged to buy a cup of coffee when doing the last item so I also spend a lot of time in the 'ladies' - where I also leave some postcards!), answering the phone to people who want to buy tickets, sending them their tickets and then answering the phone to them again so that they can swap their tickets in order to sit next to their friends. But mostly it is fun. And at the end of it (November 28th-1st December ('My God! That soon!!)) we'll have a cracking show. If you can, come and see it. I'll be really nice to you when you phone to book tickets and if you mention 'Blogger' you may get a discount.

I'll do another quick post later when I've moved the sewing machine from the computer desk. (Doing this on the laptop which is so full of Thomas's games, etc there's not much room left for my photos).

Ottershaw Players present:




No comments: