Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Trying to control photo overload

Hell is paved with good intentions - Samuel Johnson
Hell isn't merely paved with good intentions; it's walled and roofed with them. Yes, and furnished too - Aldous Huxley

You've seen them, haven't you? Those posts on social media where people commit to doing something at very regular intervals for specified, or even unspecified periods of time. Daily positives, daily photos, giving up alcohol, cigarettes, etc. You know what I mean.

I try a lot of these things at some time or other and, at that time, I fully intend that I will do it. But, then, it gets to the end of the day and I've forgotten; or I can't think of anything to post (found that one hard in the 'daily positives' categorey.  Some of the days I've had in this past year it's been difficult to find anything positive. My lovely Jo managed it, though, and I found that in itself one of  the most positive thing to keep me going, along with the love and support of the rest of my wonderful family).

Well, blogging has also been something that I've revisited many times and always my first post indicates that I will attempt to make it a regular thing. Never happens. At the beginning, when I first started, I kept at it for a long, long time and even made good, loyal friends who have remained so to this day. And, reading some of them now, they weren't half bad; some of them I've impressed myself with! But, because I'm not someone who can dash off stuff without constant editing, researching (Wikipedia and dictionaries are my friends), it was taking hours out of my day and, sometimes, replaced essential things like preparing food, tidying up a bit and confining myself to a small room hunched over a computer (before the days of laptops, at least, my laptop).

So, here we are again. I've been overloading Facebook in the past few days with photographs and I've decided that a better way to do it is put them here, not all at once (there are many!), but regularly and then post a link on Facebook so that people can look if they want but don't feel that they are obliged to 'like' or comment.

First one is this:
Christmas 199?? David has just opened his gift of a bottle of whiskey and the look on his face is reflecting what he's thinking: Thank God! Now I can deal with that old bat on my right!, the old bat being my mother who was, what shall we say, not exactly full of Christmas cheer. Not full of any cheer at all :-)

That's it then, for today.  Have now got to go and get dressed. xxx

1 comment:

MaryB said...

I love all the photos, Chris. I only met David twice, I think, but it's been such fun learning more about him (and you) through the pictures you've posted. And as for blogging promises, yeah, we've all been there. I do it in fits and starts - lots of posts, then nothing for a long period, then spitting out one or two across a couple of months. Anything you offer will be appreciated by your loyal fans. xxx