Thursday, February 02, 2006

Fore!!!!


The real reason your pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing at you - Phyllis Diller


Started my day yesterday by having a 'quick' look at my emails before breakfast. Two hours later, after trying unsuccessfully to publish a really interesting blog about newspapers (it kept telling me that my html edits hadn't been opened properly), it occurred to me that I'd better get a move on as I was booked into a golf lesson with the Tuesday morning ladies' social group. Last week was great - only two of us there so almost one-to-one tuition for an hour. This week not so great - 6 people turned up so, at the most, 10 minutes undivided attention. Nonetheless it was good practise and I did learn something!!
Afterwards a visit to Painshill Park in Cobham, a walk through a truly 18th century landscape. The follies in the garden are wonderful (a Turkish Tent, grotto, hermit's retreat and many more). Until the end of February, if you can prove that you live in Surrey, you can get in for free. It was very cold and grey but well worth the visit. Will probably go again next week.
Just noticed that I've done it again - 9am not yet dressed and have to be out by 10.15 - must fly....

No comments: