Thursday, May 04, 2006

Verify this

Liz alerted me to the fact that word verification now has a little wheelchair symbol next to it. Upon investigation I discovered that you can now choose to click on this symbol and listen to randon numbers to type in, recorded by people with strange accents in a pub, instead of using the very sensible words given in the box.

The last half hour has been spent trying to work out who will benefit by this?? If you can't see the word then you wouldn't see the wheelchair. If you can't hear....no that doesn't work. If you're in a wheelchair then you have your own special button to click. I'm sure there's a simple explanation (there usually is) but I can't think of one because I'm, well, ..............simple

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

That explains it: I have the sound on my computer turned down. (To avoid alerting others to the fact that I'm playing silly games!)

meljoy said...

Hi! It's my first time stopping by your blog, but if you're as funny as dave, pete, and chuckie, I'm sure I'll be back around :-) And I noticed the handicap thing too, just was never curious enough to click, haha...