Sunday, July 23, 2006

Book Ends

Today, I'm going to catalogue my library. Wow, I hear you say (except for family members or those who know me), she must be rich and live in a big house. SO,........ in other words, I'm going to sort out the bookshelves in the dining room. This is for a number of reasons:

1. They are overflowing

2. Books I haven't yet read are getting muddled up with books that I
have read

3. We (Peter, Jo and I) are planning to 'do' a car boot sale very soon so I can dispose of stuff that I know I'll never read again

4. I want to make a written record that I can carry around with me so that when I'm in a bookshop and my mind goes blank when it's trying to grapple with the serious problem of deciding which writers I like, my aide memoir will be handy

5. Likewise, when I'm in a bookshop, etc. and I can't remember whether or not I've already purchased a book I like the look of, out will come my list to tell me all I need to know

Later on, or perhaps tomorrow, I'll report back on what I've kept (because I'll read them again), what I've kept (because I can't bear to get rid of them for some reason), those that I haven't read yet (in case anyone has any comments) and possibly some that are to find a new home.

I now have a large pad and a couple of pencils at the ready so off I go. Tootle pip!!

No comments: