Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It's been a long, long time

OK - so I haven't been around for a while - but I have been keeping an eye on you all.

Pete's wonderful production of Whose Life is it Anyway? kept me on my toes and I've made 'getting my garden back into shape' my project for this year. Then there's Jo's garden and Pete & Kath's new house and garden to think about, although I haven't given them as much time as I would have liked.

But mainly I've been a bit pre-occupied for the past few months. You know, you're jogging along nicely, living your life, having a laugh, having a moan, planning stuff. Then out of this everyday ordinariness something leaps out and kicks you in the teeth, or bites you in the bum, or makes you want to run away and hide which you don't do because that wouldn't help anybody, would it? Anyway, we had some news that knocked me for six so I haven't been able to do anything that requires too much concentration or thought. Things are looking brighter now and, hopefully, the problem will be cleared up before too much longer.

Today I've booked tickets to see Chicago and Slava's Snowshow in September. If you haven't seen the Snowshow I can thoroughly recommend it, although it's hard to describe. It's mainly clowns, lots of small pieces of paper and HUGE balloons!! and as for Chicago - well, who can resist all that jazz!!!!!

1 comment:

MaryB said...

So glad you've resurfaced, Chris! I was a bit concerned but figured Jo or Pete would fill me in if it was something really dramatic.

Missed Snowshow when it was in New York last year, but you're so right about Chicago. Enjoy (and report back)!