Friday, March 31, 2006

Listing to starboard

I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things - Dorothy Parker

MaryB's post 'Meme de la meme' of 29th March has got me excited - I do like listing things. However, I reserve the right to not answer all 39 questions. (Do you think the list was originally 40 but someone chickened out on one of them along the way)?

  1. Who was the last person you high-fived? - last person I high-fived was grandson Thomas (but he had to show me how)
  2. If you were drafted to war, would you survive? - luckily I'm far too old
  3. Do you sleeping with TV on? - something I do frequently - at about 8pm on the sofa and not intentionally
  4. Have you ever drunk milk out of a carton? - no, we have bottles
  5. Have you ever won a spelling bee? - yes many, many, many years ago
  6. Have you ever been stung by a bee? - yes
  7. How fast can you type? - pretty fast but with a very small amount of fingers
  8. Are you afraid of the dark? - not any more
  9. Eye colour? - blue
  10. Have you ever made out at a drive-in? - don't have drive-ins here and the back row was always too cramped and public
  11. When was the last time you chose a bath over a shower? - months ago. However I've just stayed in an hotel that had a shower over a bath
  12. Do you knock on wood? - yes and if no hard surface is available I use my head
  13. I'm not answering this one out of pure embarassment
  14. Can you hula-hoop? - many, many, many years ago
  15. Are you good at keeping secrets? - yes - but isn't it annoying when you find out that everyone knows anyway
  16. Too soon to think about this one
  17. Do you know the Muffin Man? - not personally but I also know that he lives in Drury Lane
  18. Do you talk in your sleep? - so I'm told
  19. Who wrote the book of love? - which version?
  20. Have you ever flown a kite? - many, many, many years ago. Now I leave it to Thomas
  21. We don't have that saying here
  22. Do you consider yourself successful? - yes
  23. How many people are on your contact list of your cell? - don't know and can't be bothered to count them, but not many
  24. Have you ever asked for a pony? - no
  25. Plans for tomorrow? - no firm plans yet, will just see what comes along
  26. Can you juggle? - no more than three things at once these days
  27. Missing someone now? - no
  28. When was the last time you told someone 'I love you'? - too long ago. It's one of the things I don't say too often BUT everyone that I love dearly knows that I do (that is grammatically awful!)
  29. And truly meant it? - if I had said it, of course I would have meant it
  30. How often do you drink? - all the time. Must get the recommended 2 litres in there
  31. How are you feeling today? - great
  32. What do you say too much? - nothing in particular - but I know that I do complain a lot, a habit that I'm trying hard to break
  33. Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school? - no but I must confess to having played truant once or twice
  34. What are you looking forward to? - a holiday in Madeira in a couple of weeks time
  35. Have you ever crawled through a window? - probably get stuck if I tried
  36. Have you ever eaten dogfood? - not knowingly
  37. Can you handle the truth? - yes I think so
  38. Do you like green eggs and ham? - I like ham but don't quite know what green eggs are
  39. Any cool scars? - one under my chin from when I fell off my bike (many, many, many years ago). But not very cool is it?

Well I did it, and didn't miss too many. Thanks for that, MaryB and Tamar

No comments: