Saturday, November 07, 2009

Makeover magic

Cosmetics are a boon to every woman, but a girl's best friend is still a nearsighted man - Yoko Ono



After deciding yesterday that I really had to force myself back into the outside world, one look in the mirror confirmed that some sort of renovation must take place.  That crumbling old ediface looking out at me really did need some sort of attention to make it suitable for public viewing.  The skin was pale and wan, a sort of beigey colour, the eye sockets a sort of brown/purple bruised-looking shade, the lips shiny with vaseline.  Yuck.

So, to work:  fill the cracks with very expensive, magic cream which doesn't work, but I kid myself it does because I don't want to have wasted my money.  Then on goes the stuff to give me-good looking skin, a sort of beigey colour.  Check: yes, that looks ok.  Eyes next - my favourite eye shadow, a sort of brown/purple bruised-looking shade.  Check: yes, that looks ok.   Better do the lips, a touch of shiny lipgloss will do.  Check: yes, that looks ok.   Overall double check:  not bad for an old bird and I don't think anyone will ask me if I'd like them to call for an ambulance when they see me.

So, see, Mother Nature.  You don't have to make people look so awful when they're poorly.  After all, we both used the same colours!

1 comment:

Carver said...

I absolutely love the Yoko quote. She looks great though, I've seen her interviewed recently.